Oyá in the Yoruba Pantheon symbolizes the pure air and oxygen that we breathe, it is its power that causes storms, strong hurricane winds and sparks in mother nature.
As Yoruba deity has an energetic character, is foreman of the dead and habita at the cemetery gate, also being its owner.
With her children and with those who venerate her and have faith in her miracles, she is very righteous and fulfills the requests that are made to her, as long as she is prayed with faith and humility.
This offering or Addimú, as it is said in the Yoruba language, we will do it to remove all kinds of obstacles from our path, whether they are illnesses, enemies, economic lack, family or work conflicts, or any type of situation that hinders our lives.
- Yam (tuber fruit)
- 9 Red Marigold Plant Seeds (Mirabilis jalapa)
- Epó (corojo butter)
- Eyá (Smoked fish)
- 2 candles
- 9 cents
How is it done? Preparation of the offering at the foot of Oyá
- Boil the yam and when it is soft, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Then he adds corojo butter and smoked fish and begins to knead with his hands to later form 9 balls with that dough.
- Inside each ball you should put a wonder seed as a representation of abundance and prosperity in your life.
- Once prepared, the addimú asks for the blessing of Oyá, and you pray to him asking him to help you overcome the difficulties that are standing in your way to overcome those problems and reach the prosperity you need.
- To complete this ritual, each day, when lighting the candle, we will this prayer in the name of Oyá to bring prosperity and open roads.
Have you received the Orisha Oyá?
- If you have received Oyá You must light two candles and at the foot of your representation put your offering.
- If you don't have one, place a single candle and you can do it in the name of the Orisha by placing your offering in a place that is high.
What do we do next with the offering?
This addimú will be at the foot of Oyá for a time of 9 days and on the ninth, you will have to take it to the cemetery gate with 9 cents, if you can't, take it to the mountain.
Remember that during the 9 days the candle must be lit for a while, take advantage of this moment to talk with the Yoruba goddess about what you need, never ask for evil, always good.
In this life everything is possible for those who believe, trust and have faith, do not forget it.
May the orisha's blessing always protect you and may this Addimú at the foot of Oyá I gave him a lot of ashé!