To overcome difficulties and overcome obstacles You can go to the foot of Oggún, the warrior Orisha of the Yoruba pantheon who represents metal and strength, who defends all his children and his devotees, whenever he is asked with devotion and faith intercedes for them.
In Santeria this is a very beautiful adimú (offering) and it will please the great warrior Orisha Oggún, it refreshes and entertains him to intercede before our obstacles, those that sometimes do not let us advance on the path of life.
Ingredients for the Adimú a Oggún:
- 1 watermelon, which in Cuba we know as melon
- 1 candle
- Brandy and Tobacco
- Toasted corn, smoked fish and smoked hutía
- Holy water (water from your vault, from rain, from the church)
- Corojo butter
- Red precipitate, powder used to speed up rituals
- Brown sugar
- Cooking oil
- Cotton for the wick of the lamp
- 3 cents
In this ritual we can invoke the orisha with the following prayer.
How do we make this work to Oggún with the melon fruit?
- First you must cut the top of the melon into a lid, which is like a container.
- You light a candle to Oggún and you blow brandy and tobacco smoke.
- You ask him for his blessing and you tell him what you will do on his behalf, comment on your request and current situation that you want to solve, be sincere and do not ask for evil for anyone.
- In front of him you prepare your work or on top of his cauldron.
Elements that we will put inside the melon:
Inside the melon you should add toasted corn, smoked fish, smoked jutía, a small splash, that is, just a few drops of holy water from your spiritual vault, from church or rain, 3 teaspoons of corojo butter, a little red precipitate so that the results come quickly, 7 tablespoons of brown sugar, and cooking oil, which will be the last thing you will put inside.
Assembling the lamp with the wicks:
- After adding all the ingredients, put the cotton or wicks that you should light. In total there will be 2 highlights.
- This lamp will be lit for 3 days in a row and then it will go to the mountains or forest to leave it with 3 cents of duty and if you do not have it, bring 3 grains of corn.
Always with great faith make your requests, talk a lot with the orisha, trust in his power, everything comes in this life when we have patience, faith and hope.
May Oggún's blessing be with you always.