To Oggun, warrior Orisha in the Yoruba Pantheon that gives us stability and is a firm stick in our lives is to whom this work is dedicated to achieve the balance and firmness that we need, to ward off the negative in our paths.
Everything that we offer and put before our Orishas we must always deliver with great faith and respect, that is the most important thing.
Without faith nothing results in this life, you must have the conviction and hope that the results will be seen, in this case in the name of Oggun.
When doing each step of this ritual bath with Oggun, always be grateful showing your selfless love, your humility and the faith you have in him.
This work is a very simple bathroom and the ingredients are easy to find, have everything ready when you are going to do it so that there are no obstacles in the process.
- 1 candle
- 3 or 7 ears of sweet corn
- 1 basin or deep bowl
- Serene water
- Banana leaves
- 1 pineapple
- Holy water (from the church or the spiritual vault)
- Neutral or odorless soap
You may also be interested in reading: Do you know how to assemble the Spirit Vault? Click here
Procedure of the Ritual with Oggun How do you do it?
- First to start the ritual you must light 1 candle to Oggun, then you ask for your blessing, you blow brandy and tobacco smoke.
If you can ask the Orisha first if he gives you consent to perform this bath.
- On top of Oggun you will put 3 or 7 ears of tender corn.
- The duration of this work will depend on the amount of corn, that is, it will be for a period of 3 or 7 days depending on the ears that you have given him.
- During these days you must light the candle to Oggun every day and ask him with faith.
The day you start the ritual, you will put a container of water to calm for a period of 3 days. Serene water is fresh water that obtains God's blessing when exposed to the night's serene.
- If you want to learn how to prepare it, you can read by clicking on this blue link: How to prepare calm water?
When the period elapses we continue with the ritual:
On the third or seventh day (depending on your offering):
- You collect the ears of tender corn from the Oggun cauldron, you are going to shell them and crush them in a blender or blender to obtain the juice or juice of the corn, then you must strain it.
- You will pour the corn juice into the container with the serene water.
We will do the same procedure as above, but with the banana leaves and the pineapple:
- You take the banana leaves and also blend them with water, take out the juice and strain it, then pour it into the container.
- To the pineapple you remove its shell and you will also make a juice with it by blending it and straining it, añaalso give that juice to the bath water.
When everything is ready, you put the basin in front of Oggun, you blow brandy and tobacco smoke again, but this time also in the water, which is your bathroom.
AñaGive that water a splash of holy water, for example, it can be from your vault in case you have it.
Now we let that bath water rest for a while at Oggun's foot, and you will always ask for his great blessing with faith.
Tips for taking the ritual bath with Oggun
That water that we have prepared must be distributed or divided into 3 or 7 baths, depending on the number of tender ears that you have offered (a little water for each day).
- In the ritual, first you take a common bath with neutral or odorless soap (not fragranced) and then, neck down, asking for Oggun's blessing, you pour that prepared water.
- You will not dry the body when you are done, you should let it dry on its own.
- I recommend wearing white or light colors so that all the good energy flows.
- Try that the candle to Oggun is lit during the bath and when you get out of the shower you must give thanks and turn off the candle.
May Oggun's blessing always accompany you with kindness, love, health and a lot of firmness to overcome and emerge victorious from all kinds of problems.