- Remember that in this article we only focus on the emotional meaning of foot pain, please, the most important thing is that you visit your doctor.
The feet are an essential area of our body, not only as an organ, but as the part that connects us to the earth and holds us in balance.
The foot is decisive for well-being and quality of life and can be affected not only by physical disorders, but by emotional conflicts that can trigger ailments or discomfort in that part of our body, caused by a disconnection with our support and balance.
The feet and ankles form a structure of twenty-six bones, thirty-three joints, and hundreds of muscles, ligaments, and tendons, in addition to the phalanges, metatarsal, and tarsus.
Discomfort in any of these parts can affect body support, cushioning, stability and gait.
Emotions and their influence on the support of the body from the feet
Various disorders in the foot can hinder or even prevent us from staying upright, be it a discomfort, injury, pain, or any type of symptom.
Of course, we associate a lot of discomfort in the feet with a long walk or strong exercises, with blows and injuries or other ailments.
But we must always keep in mind that our feet can be greatly affected by the way we handle our emotions.
The foot symbolizes the connection with "mother earth" and the balance of our life.
Emotional problems that upset our balance will cause us aches and pains in the feet and legs.
Foot discomfort, emotional conflicts with "the mother" and "the future"
Usually the emotional dilemmas that are related in this portion of the body are linked to the mother or the maternal function, that is, with what “the mother” means to a person, or rather, the upbringing and the feeling of protection.
The emotional problems that affect the legs and feet are related to what we consider the mother model, that is, the one who can provide food, shelter and care.
But that does not necessarily have to be the biological mother, but rather an institution, a close relative and even the father himself.
In other words, discomfort in the feet can show conflicts related to the maternal sense, with the advancement of life, not being able to follow or undertake a certain path, to face changes, to organize our future, etc.
The feet are emotionally related to:
- Stability and movements towards a goal, a desire or a direction.
- They represent the contact with the earth of alimentary energy.
- They symbolize security in terms of the position we take to face different situations.
E.g., It is said that the fact of having a left foot stronger than the right foot (or vice versa) can indicate the different tendencies that we must take into account in our physical, mental or spiritual movements or contacts.
In addition, if we walk with our feet turned outwards, it can indicate confusion in the direction taken, while the feet are turned inwards, it reflects closure or resistance to changes and transformations of life.
Foot pain and its spiritual meaning
Behind foot pain hides a great spiritual meaning, and it is that through them insecurities and lack of confidence are reflected.
Any problem related to the feet indicates a conflict between the direction and the movement we take and manifests the need for more stability and security in our life.
Be it our plans, our relationships and our decisions, they directly influence.
What does foot pain mean emotionally?
- A flat foot indicates a very straight spine, very rigid, and therefore I have a less flexible structure. It refers to problems with personal boundaries, vulnerability and lack of trust in an emotional or work relationship.
- The foot high bridge, indicates a heavier displacement and a heavily loaded spine. This reveals a great separation of professional life from your private life. It can indicate a reserved and lonely person, with difficulty initiating a communication
- Cold feet they question relationships with our mother or maternal figure, which can be distant or cold.
- Calluses on feet they indicate apprehension in the present life. It is the fear of walking into the unknown with confidence. Doubt, sadness, grief and fear of not being successful
- Athlete's feet it indicates that our mental plane is irritated or upset, that we feel limited or unable to walk in the way we would like. Stress and inner pain linked to the details and directions of the future life.
- Warts on the soles of the feet they involve fears of the future and of responsibilities. Anger and regret for the way we conceive our life. Devaluation in relation to our physical abilities or abilities in sports.
Toe pain: omens for our future
The toes represent our future and the way we face our future.
Insecurities and lack of confidence in our abilities can involve hitting my toes, cuts, and severe injuries.
Each component of the foot expresses the conflict to be solved and gives us more concrete indications of the matter.
Each of our fingers represents relationships with our mother, siblings, partner, co-workers, with justice, with the territory in which we live.
Thus, emotional conflicts in the feet express the need to accept and improve our relationships with those around us, to free ourselves or heal resentment towards the "mother" and to acquire confidence and security in ourselves and our future goals.
Bunions, conflicts that hurt:
If we have a bunion, there is a conflict at a very deep level that indicates a weakness in the commitment to be alive.
The bunion usually appears when we run away from our responsibilities. It is said that this deformation can disappear if we assume our responsibilities towards life and our future.
How to cure our emotions according to foot pain?
If we present a problem or ailment in any part of the foot, we must become aware of the emotional conflict it represents and change our attitude, taking personal responsibility with our life and our future.
Of course, ailments will be better cured if we integrate and balance the emotional plane with other areas of health in order to obtain physical, emotional, mental and, if applicable, spiritual healing.
There are numerous relaxing and decontracting massages, spiritual baths with different plants and relaxation exercises, which will help us heal our feet both physically and emotionally.
- It may interest you: 7 Home Remedies for Tired Feet Pain