Elegguá is the warrior Orisha owner of our destiny and of our paths, whoever opens or closes the paths of life according to his appreciation, guides our luck, prosperity, he is a naughty little boy and his name means the prince's messenger.
This is a very simple and effective Ebbó (spiritual cleansing), but always remember that every request you make must be done with confidence and a lot of faith so that they are heard.
- Without having Elegguá you can do this Ebbó in the name of the Orisha, but you must do it behind the door because that is where he lives in our homes or businesses.
This Ebbó is made at the foot of Elegguá and has 3 purposes:
- Clean our lives of envy and gossip that bring enemies without even looking for them.
- Clear the path of injustice, that is, of any problem that may arise with the police or legal institution.
- Drive away evils to open the paths to development and thus, the Iré (luck and good energy) enters our home or business.
- 1 white candle
- Brandy and Tobacco
- 3 eggs
- Graphite pencil
- Corojo butter
- Smoked fish
- Smoked Jutia
- Cocoa butter
- Cascarilla (How to prepare it at home?)
- 1 dish
- 3 cents
This powerful ritual with Eleguá, how do you do it?
First we must know that the egg is a powerful, purifying and sacred element in the Rule of Osha (santeria) because with it we can cleanse ourselves of all kinds of osogbo and negativity.
It also represents life, abundance and fertility.
I recommend first light the candle to Elegguá, blow brandy and tobacco smoke.
We will do a different ritual with our hands to each of the eggs:
- To the first egg you write with graphite pencil "Against all enemies and injustice" and you spread corojo butter on it, then you sprinkle jutía and smoked fish on top.
- To the second egg you spread cocoa butter and cascarilla.
- In the third egg you will spread honey, always with your hands to connect with the energy of the elements.
Short prayer for Eleguá:
You will put the 3 eggs on a plate in front of Elegguá and you will give knowledge with these words:
Elegguá little prince of the Osha
Here is your child (your name)
Asking for your blessing every day
Giving you the knowledge that I will cleanse myself with these three eggs, so that you free me from all that is bad, from envy, gossip, bad eyesight, from justice and open the paths for me.
Bring into my life, you, messenger of good fortune, development and prosperity, so be it.
Do this purifying cleaning, the Ebbó at the foot of Elegguá
The cleanings (Ebbó) are done by taking the egg in your hand, and you slide it through your body from top to bottom, that is, you start with the head and end with the feet.
- Every day you clean yourself with an egg, the first being the corojo butter with hutia and smoked fish.
- The second day the cleaning will be with the egg with cocoa butter and cascarilla.
- The third day he cleans it with the egg that carries honey.
Tips for doing this cleaning:
- Every day you will light the candle while you clean yourself, when you finish cleaning you turn it off and you must throw that egg.
- On the third day, when you cleanse yourself with the third egg, you let the candle burn out completely, dedicating it to Eleguá.
- With the three cents you clean yourself on the last day and they are thrown where you carry the third egg.
Where to lay the eggs of this ebbó for Elegguá?
The eggs should be thrown in four corners, in a garbage can outside the house, in the bush or on a mountain far from home, where you will not spend those days again so that you do not collect the negative energy that you released.
Each egg can be thrown in different places, the most important thing is that when the boats break, to make sure of this you must throw them hard against the floor.
In case you have Elegguá and you know how to ask him, I recommend doing it, that is, you can ask if he is satisfied with that Ebbó, where you can throw the elements and if with that you will be able to unblock paths in your life.
Many blessings and may this ebbo at the foot of Elegguá bring you many open paths, where health, love and abundance accompany you and your loved ones.