Eleggua He is the owner of the roads, the little giant of Osha, who opens doors for us to advance and provides protection in our lives, offering us harmony and prosperity.
His favorite day is Monday and he identifies with the number 3, he is a great warrior and lover of sweets as a child that he is. He is mischievous, playful and walks the roads with his guava stick, making his way through the undergrowth.
Each prayer that is offered to Elegguá is heard as long as it is delivered with love and faith, and more so if this prayer is accompanied byañada of a beautiful work dedicated to him.
Eleguá, we offer you yams to open paths
Yam is the main ingredient of this work, a fruit that belongs to Elegguá, like coconut and corn, but it is also liked by all the Orishas.
- Corojo butter
- Honey bee
- 5 coins
- 2 dishes
- 1 candle
How to prepare this Work at the foot of Eleguá?
The next sentence It will help you to converse with the little Orisha and invoke him in this ritual.
If you do not have Eleguá you can also do it, always with a lot of faith and love.
- First you roast the yam and when it is ready you chop it in half.
- You add sliced onion, corojo butter, honey to one part of the yam and insert 5 coins, and deposit it on a plate.
- The other part of the yam is cut into 4 pieces and you pour honey and corojo butter on top and a little salt, these are deposited in another plate.
- Both plates are placed in front of Elegguá.
- A candle is lit, you ask for his blessing and you give him knowledge of the work that you are depositing him, always out loud.
- You will have this work for 3 consecutive days and each day you will light that candle for a while, preferably at the same time.
- After 3 days you must take this offering to the mountain, where Eleguá lives and leave it there.
I sincerely hope that this work will help you and open the roads for you with Eleguá's blessing.