In the Yoruba religion I understand that Eleggua he is angry when we have done something wrong, or that he does not work because he is asleep, tired, or has a lot of sweets and has settled down.
But you can only know that if you consult or ask him with the Obi what happens to him.
What to do when Eleguá gets upset?
- If you have disrespected, first of all, it will be to acknowledge the fault and apologize to Elegguá.
Elegguá is a warrior Orisha very important, he is a messenger in Osha (Santeria) and he is the one who leads the paths of life, he is the first in everything, he cares for us and guides us, he opens the doors to good, to joy, to luck, but also closes and comes evil, sadness and misfortune.
When Elegguá gets upset, everything turns upside down and his punishments are strong.
This work is a lamp for when Eleguá is upset or entertained, a lamp as in the times of our ancestors, so that the orisha of luck and the road awakens or loses his anger.
Much faith requires this work like all those that are done, but remember that this ritual is to appease.
- Cooking oil
- Cotton or wicks
- 3 tablespoons rancid butter
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- 3 guinea peppers
- Smoked fish
- Smoked hutia
- Toasted corn
- Red, white and yellow precipitates (if you want to know the meaning of these powders, I recommend reading the following article)
How to make Eleguá work with this powerful offering lamp?
- In the clay pot you must first of all put abundant cooking oil and make three wicks with cotton and place them if you already have them made.
- You add 3 tablespoons of rancid butter, 3 tablespoons of cocoa butter to appease, 3 guinea peppers, honey to sweeten, smoked fish, smoked hutia, and roasted corn.
- As well añagive three precipitated powders to speed up the request:
- red is to sweeten and reconcile,
- the target to clear and open paths,
- yellow for harmony in the home.
- Then you sprinkle cinnamon powder on top.
- A Elegguá is blown Aguardiente and tobacco smoke.
- You put the lamp in front of Elegguá or behind the main door of the house, light it and say this prayer with faith:
Short prayer for the warrior Eleguá:
Choose your son / daughter here (you say your name)
Asking for your blessing and forgiveness
For the damage or lack that I have committed
I need dear child that you intercede for me and make my way straight.
I promise you that I will never again incur my fault, nor will I offend you more.
I need you to hug me again and that your blessing is not lacking.
Thank you for all that you give me.
Recommendations for the ritual:
It may be that you have not bothered Elegguá and he is only entertaining because he is a playful child, in which case you ask him for favor that you need his blessings to be able to achieve the goal you want through his help and intercession.
In case you have sweets or trinkets on, I recommend you clean yourself with them and leave them with 3 cents in a bush or forest.
May the blessing of Elegguá not miss you and remember that if you do it with faith, trust that it will come.
This lamp for Elegguá will straighten your path, but you must also accept the divine plans of the orisha for you, trust and always with faith in each step Ashé for you.