When everything in our life is "upside down", as they say, when everything goes wrong and we cannot stabilize ourselves, we resort to cleaning our homes so that the deities can help us with their gifts.
We will do this cleaning on behalf of obbatala, the creator of the earth, who governs our thoughts, owner of purity, dreams and who, as a good father, intercedes in our lives in a favorable way.
Spiritual cleansing with basil
We will use the basil plant, which attracts good influences and is used in bathrooms, offal, as an amulet and for cleaning homes or businesses, and its owner is Obbatalá.
The help of our Orishas is fundamental, but without faith nothing works, so put a lot of faith and perseverance in this cleaning, you can do it whenever you want and you will see that you will feel so good that you will want to do it again.
It can be done any day, but I recommend that it be a Thursday, the day of the week that corresponds to Baba Obbatalá
- Handful of corn kernels
- Basil Plant
- Coconut water
- 8 Egg Whites
- Mountain spring water
- Almonds oil
- 2 white candles
- Florida Water (colony)
- Holy Water (serene or rainy)
To learn more about the power of Serene Water CLICK HERE
How to prepare the ritual in the name of Obatala?
- You boil the corn together with the basil, when you break the boil you leave it for about 3 minutes and turn it off. You let it rest and wait for it to cool.
- You mix that water, with the coconut water, with the whites of the 8 eggs, spring water, the drops of almond oil and cascarilla.
- Now, it is time to clean the floor of the whole house, but first you will light 2 candles to Obbatalá, in case you have not received it, you can still do it, invoking his name with respect and love.
- You will ask for his blessing and protection so that by doing this cleaning in his name, Peace, harmony and tranquility enter your home.
- You must bear in mind that the cleaning will be done starting from the back of your house or business towards the main entrance door.
- For 15 minutes or more, this will depend on you and your time, rinse the floor with plenty of water.
- After this rinse you pour in common water, a stream of holy water (which can be serene or rainy) and a stream of Florida water and finally clean with this prepared water.
- You will leave the candles lit until they are completely consumed.
This is the cleaning in the name of Obatalá, you may be lacking almond oil, but you can still do it without this element.
Why the spring water? This sacred water comes from the earth, it is almost always born in the mountains.añas and that is where Obbatalá lives and is represented in them.
I always recommend having different waters at home: from the river through Oshún, from the sea through Yemaya, water from lakes or lagoons, rain and others, all powerful that represent the energies of the orishas.
May this cleaning bring a lot of health, development and good energy to your life with the blessing of our father Obatalá.