Olokun is the deity of the Yoruba Pantheon representing the family:
- Brings health, growth and happiness to the home and
- fills the person who decides to take refuge under its protection with vitality.
This saint makes herself felt in the sign of Ifá Obara Irete, where she is ruler and also provider of iré and health.
What elements do I need to perform the ritual?
Olokun is represented with the color Prussian blue, a tone that has the seabed, the place on planet earth where the Orisha has her home.
In the sign of Ifá Obara Irete the religious performs a work at the foot of Olokun begging him to obtain health and development.
To perform this ceremony you need:
- white candles,
- one meter of blue fabric, and
- a duck.
Ritual for unfolding at the foot of Olokun in Obara Irete
At the beginning of the ceremony, the religious will slightly uncover Olokun's jar, then place a mat in front of it.
He will kneel and light two white candles, which he will later place on a white plate, taking care that no type of accident occurs.
Once these steps have been completed, the person will inform Olokun that he is invoking her in order to perform a ceremony.
Procedure to be carried out in the Work at the foot of Olokun:
- The religious places before his jar of Olokun a bouquet of flowers, made with roses, lilies and lilies.
- Then he places a wicker basket to the right of the offering, which previously should have been decorated with blue cloth and ribbons of the same tone, to which a gourd with cooked corn flour is introduced once the food has tempered. .
- The santero stands up and takes the duck, to which before starting the ceremony he had tied small blue ribbons on each leg separately, segments of cloth that should not cause harm to the animal, holding the bird should be cleaned cephalo-caudally ( from head to toe) and go simultaneously asking the deity.
- Then you need to head out to sea with the animal and drop it into the salt water to swim and take the course you want.
With this action, man performs the ritual to attract good fortune in two determining positions, his saint's room and the sea, receiving in the latter place the spiritual energy of Olokun in his natural environment.
Completion of the ritual in 7 days:
During the seven days following the ritual the religious must dress in blue and white and continue to light the candle for Olokun while continuing to converse with the deity.
In this Work at the foot of Olokun when the flowers and flour are corrupted they must be removed to the trash.