Elegguá is the child of the Osha, the playful, the most daring, the one who opens and closes our destiny and our paths in life.
Elegguá is a powerful Osha who settles and is the messenger of Olofin in the Yoruba religion and together with Oggún, Oshosi and Ozun they form the Warrior Orishas.
A work for Eleguá with the sacred Obi "coconut" for development
This is a very simple work and without difficulty to get its ingredients, but yes, it is very powerful and we will use the obi (coconut) that Eleguá always welcomes as an offering.
With this ritual we will open the ways for everything that is stagnant to prosper, to develop, to come to development, health, love and everything we want, as long as we ask from the heart and with faith.
Remember: Elegguá provides us protection as long as we treat it with love and ask it with faith, will and respect.
- 1 dry coconut
- Clay or white plate
- 1 candle
- Honey bee
- Corojo butter
- Guinea pepper
- 3 cents
- Brandy and tobacco
How do we prepare this offering dedicated to the great Eleguá?
- First, he will split the coconut and we will only use the inside part, "the dough" and with the help of a knife he will cut 4 pieces in a round shape.
- Then he washes them and places them in a clay or white plate with the white side up.
- Light the candle to Elegguá and ask for his blessing, it gives him knowledge of who you are and what you offer him.
- To each piece of coconut, spread corojo butter, pour bee honey on top, and place 1 guinea pepper on each cover.
- He blows brandy and tobacco smoke, first to Elegguá and then to the offering, always asking and visualizing his request.
Recommendations for the Ritual:
Elegguá is given knowledge out loud because he likes it that way, make sure he listens to you and plays his maraca while thanking and praying for your request.
This offering will be at the foot of Elegguá for three days and on the third day with 3 cents of right it goes to the mountain and deposits it.
Important: You should never throw the offering but deposit it and after you put it you should not look back.
In case you do not have Elegguá received, this work can be done behind the front door of your house.
Maferefún Elegguá every day, may the little orisha bless him with health, love, humility and much prosperity, may he open the paths for us and always offer us his protection.