Yemayá and Oshún are the inseparable sisters, because there is nothing more true than the unification of the river with the sea.
The ancient Yorubas say that Oshun gave birth to her children and Yemayá raised them and vice versa, hence the reason that some religious are children of both waters and must love Oshun and Yemayá equally, keep them on the same level and offer tributes to them. both in unison.
September is the month in which they are celebrated to these saints, due to the transculturation process that African slaves faced on the island during colonial times.
Offering for Oshún and Yemayá, tribute to the two waters
In honor of Oshún and Yemayá we offer you today a work to thank and honor the Orishas of honey and salt water.
To make this tribute you must have:
- A yellow cloth and a blue cloth,
- a basket,
- a mat,
- two candles,
- two dishes,
- five sunflowers and
- seven black princes or red roses.
Procedure for the ritual:
- In front of the Oshún and Yemayá tureens, open a mat, place a basket on it and cover it in equal parts with blue and yellow fabrics.
- On the yellow cloth he places the vase (vase) with the seven black princes and on the blue part he places the five sunflowers.
- Cover the vases with the excess fabric so that the basket looks better aesthetically.
- On one plate, offer honey to Yemayá and on the other, offer melao to Oshún.
Later, light the two candles and make a prayer to both saints with the maraca of Yemayá and the campaña of Oshún, thanking her for all the blessings that have been placed on your path, mainly for health and tranquility.
May this September, the month of Oshún and Yemayá, bring to your life all the blessings you deserve, health, peace, tranquility.
May Oshún with her waters and her honey sweeten everything that may be sour on your way, may she give you happiness and joy, and may Yemayá with her waves take away all the bad things that may hinder your destiny and may her waters bring you health. , intelligence and wisdom, for you, for your family and for all your loved ones.