The great warrior Orisha Oggún lives in the mountains and is the one who fights battles with his machete in hand, the one who is not afraid of anything, the owner of metals, inseparable from Elegguá, Oshosi and Osun, together they are warriors in the bush.
Represents blacksmiths, surgeons, the army. He defends his children in wars and becomes violent with his enemies.
Adimú at the foot of Oggún, conquering envy and evil
This Addimú (offering) can also be offered to him to thank him, always in each ritual or offering that you make you must have faith and a lot of will, you must believe in what you do with security and strength.
If you have not received Oggún yet, but you believe in him, you can also make this offering to him.
Ingredients that we are going to need:
- Corojo butter
- Brown paper (cartridge or kraft paper)
- Graphite pencil
- 1 Green or white candle
- Clay or white plate
- Smoked Jutia
- Smoked fish
- Toasted corn
- Winner stick to make 3 green flags
- 3 cents
How do we make this offering to the Iron King? Step by step with a lot of faith ...
- First you spread corojo butter on the yam and put it to roast, after roasting let it cool.
- Then you take the brown paper and write your name so that anyone who wants to hurt you can get away and get out of your way.
- You light the candle and ask for his blessing, you give him knowledge of what you are going to do to help you and protect you from all the visible and invisible enemies that you may have around you.
- On the plate you put the paper written with your name facing up and you place the yam on top of the name.
- On the yams you should sprinkle smoked jutia, smoked fish and add toasted corn.
- At both ends of the fruit and in the middle, you will put each green flag with a victor's stick, a total of 3 flags.
The flags can be made of green cloth or paper, for the base or flagpole you use a branch of the victorious plant, if you do not have you can use another material, but this is recommended because it helps us to defeat the enemy.
You will have this Addimú for 3 days and at the end of the third day you will take it with 3 cents to a dense mountain and you will leave it there.
May the blessing of Oggún accompany you and protect you always. Ashé.