All the Orishas are cared for with love and a lot of faith, we offer them the best because their divinity saves, cares for and protects us on the paths of life.
When we give an offering (Addimú) to one of our Orishas it does not have to be because we are going to ask for something, it can simply be to give thanks and honor them.
We also ask them through offerings for something special that we would like to achieve, be it health, tranquility and development.
Here I leave an Addimú to the Orisha owner of thunder and lightning, king of the drum and miraculous Orisha of the Yoruba Pantheon, the great Shango.
This Addimú (offering) is very popular with the warrior and is called kalalú or calalú, which means “broth or type of soup”.
- Rooster meat
- Fruits of Okra or Okra
- Dry corn flour
- 1/8 cup dry wine or cooking wine
- 2 Candles
- Jícara or container
How is this offering prepared at the foot of Shango?
- You can make a gallo broth and also use its meat, it depends on how much you are going to offer.
- In the broth with meat if you wish you can add okra cut into slices of the size you want.
- Put it to simmer, when it breaks the boil add a medium cup of dry wine.
- Aside take a little flour and gradually add oil in small quantities and knead, the dough should be consistent until it forms 6 balls of flour.
- When the broth returns to a boil, carefully add the 6 balls of flour.
- You must add the flour balls to the broth carefully so that it does not splash or burn, also so that they do not break.
- The flour balls cannot be broken, so you must knead them well.
- Continue with the simmer and after 15 minutes you can turn off.
An adimu that the warrior adores "Kalalú"
Shango likes hot food, therefore he will carefully serve this broth in a large gourd or deep container and place it at his feet, that is, in front of him.
Light 2 candles for him and he will have that soup for a period of 4 days, each day he must light those candles for a while.
At the end of the 4 days, the ideal is if you can go to the foot of a palm and leave the offering to Shango with 4 cents of right there, in case you can not throw it away.
May Baba Shango's blessing reach and protect you every day, do not forget to ask for health and much love.