Obba it is syncretized in the Catholic Religion with Saint Rita of Casia and with Saint Catherine of Alexandria, two holy defenders of impossible causes.
This is a very powerful deity of the Yoruba Pantheon, she is a defender of marriage and the home, this Orisha is considered the embodiment of the sacrifices that are made for love.
4 Offerings dedicated to the Yoruba goddess Obba:
The religious venerate it through numerous offerings, below, we show you some of them that are very easy to make.
1. Stewed yam the favorite delicacy of the Orisha Obba
The yam is paid to him, a tuber that he receives in its natural state or roasted.
One of the most popular offerings made to this saint with this food as a base is the stew.
To make it you need:
- Boil hot water in a pot, once it has reached its boiling point, add the previously peeled and diced yam.
- Once the tuber has softened, it is passed to another recent one where it is añaof corojo butter, garlic, onion and tomato sauce.
- As the ingredients are mixed, let it reduce for ten minutes.
- When the stew is at room temperature, it is served in a porcelain bowl and placed in front of the deity's receptacle.
In this work for Obba, it is necessary to light two candles for the Orisha so that she receives the offering with pleasure.
2. How are the animals sacrificed to this African Deity prepared?
Some animals are immolated to this deity, among these we cite:
- The goat that has not procreated offspring,
- the hen,
- the guinea and
Once the sacrifice takes place, the animals are cleaned and skinned so that this saint receives them, they are placed raw on her altar smeared only with corojo butter.
It is essential to place two lighted candles to complete the offering.
3. Obba's fruit basket
When the santero requires paying a fresh offering to the saint, he prepares to make a fruit basket.
- She takes a small basket which she covers with a pink cloth, a representative color of the deity.
- Among the fruits of his preference are:
- strawberries and
- the coconuts.
- An odd representation of each of the aforementioned fruits is placed inside the basket and two pink candles are lit at the foot of the Orisha.
4. Wicker basket with a representation of his ewes or sacred herbs
Among the sacred herbs of this Orisha we find:
- The Coastal Hazel,
- the Uva Caleta,
- the mahogany,
- the plum and
- the Carbonero Ebony.
To make a tribute basket with your ewes you need to take a representation of these, which must be cut to the same size.
Before putting them in the basket, they must be washed to remove any osogbos that they may have picked up along the way.
Prepare a beautiful ritual for Obba:
- This basket is placed before the tureen of the deity, covering it with a pink handkerchief,
- it is left to rest in front of the altar of the saint for a night so that the herbs are impregnated with their essence,
- the next day an omiero (spiritual water) is made with them, which can be used for purification baths and ritual cleansing.