Oshun owner and mistress of the rivers, who with her waters blesses us and frees us from all evil, the deity who offers us love and represents feelings, we will offer her a beautiful Addimú (offering) with an egg.
The egg is an element with great spiritual meaning, it serves us as food, but it is also used in rituals to open paths, do corporal and spiritual cleansing, to sweeten, to make requests for pregnancies and for offerings like this, which achieves what we want from the heart.
Petitions to Goddess Oshún to attract good things:
In this work we will use very powerful and spiritual natural elements, such as:
- the honey that generates attraction to the good and the beautiful in life,
- sugar that sweetens our way,
- cinnamon which is a repellent of bad energies and
- the egg that, in addition to the benefits we mentioned above, is also synonymous with fertility, abundance and love.
Ingredients you need:
- White paper
- Graphite pencil
- White plate
- 5 eggs (just the yolks)
- White sugar
- Honey bee
- Colored dragees: Tiny spheres of different colors usually used as a decorative element in pastry.
- 2 white or yellow candles, can also be cinnamon or honey candles
How to prepare the offering to Oshún?
- First you will take the white paper and write your requests, which will be 5 as the number of Oshún. The wishes you write should be simple, clear and concise, they should not be paragraphs, but simple sentences.
- You will put that written paper on the plate with the request facing up.
- You will take the 5 eggs and remove the white.
- On the plate, on top of the paper, you will add the yolks of the eggs.
In the next step you must be careful when pouring the ingredients on top of the yolks, so that they do not break, because otherwise the work will not work.
- Above each yolk you will add:
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- Dusted cinnamon
- honey bee
- finally, add the pills.
- When you have everything ready, you light the 2 candles and you will put the adimú in front of Oshún and you will say:
Powerful and queen mother here is your daughter / o
Asking for your holy blessing
Here I leave you (you say what you offer) with 5 requests
So you can help me solve them
I am grateful for you and I will always be
Yaloddé Yeyé Kari! Yeyeo! Omoriyeyeo!
If you have not received Oshún you can also perform this ritual, in that case choose a clean and orderly place to place the work.
You should converse with Goddess Oshún with great sincerity and from the heart, do not forget that faith is an essential element in this and in all rituals. If you don't know how to establish a connection with Oshún, I recommend reading the following post: Click here
- This work will leave it for 5 days and at the end you can pour it down a swallow, just make sure that those buds are destroyed, you can do it by opening the water tap so that they break.
- If the yolks are still in good condition after 5 days, you can leave it longer if you wish.
Let us remember that this beautiful Orisha must be treated with love, sweetness and always flattering her, she is a very presumptuous deity, therefore, in her attentions and offerings, everything must be very clean and beautiful.